Monday, March 14, 2011

Artwork

 


The picture above is one I did recently.  It is from a picture I found online of a Spartan from Halo. I used the picture online to freehand the drawing. I really liked how it turned out, and its one of my favorite pieces that I have done to this date.  It took a while to make, but I feel that the end result was worth the effort.  My favorite part of this particular drawing would have to be the armor/helmet.  I really like how it came together.  One thing that I found wrong with it would definitely be the sniper rifle.  It isn’t exactly straight towards the end, and is shorter than it should be. Overall though, I was thoroughly pleased with this piece, and hope to do similar works in the future.
 




This is also a very recent work.  I am a very big fan of dragons, so this one was perfect for me.  The dragon in this sketch is Shenron, from Dragonball Z, an animated TV show.  I loved the show growing up, which is just another reason I wanted to draw this particular dragon. I really, really like how it turned out.  I put a lot of effort into this piece, as it was a very detailed picture. I used the same strategy as the previous picture, using a picture online as a reference to create it.  The “glow” around him with the background shading was my personal touch. This is definitely one of my favorite pieces that I have done, because it turned out so well. I even recolored it in Photoshop numerous times, which gave it a really cool effect.  You can view the different colors in the pictures below!


No comments:

Post a Comment