Sunday, March 13, 2011

Free Shirts!!


Well, as of last week, another intramural season here at North Central is in the books. You know what that means: A new batch of shirts was passed out to all the champions last week!  This season consisted of indoor soccer, wiffleball, men’s basketball, and co-ed basketball. Due to the lack of teams, men’s dodgeball and women’s volleyball were cancelled. Normally I would participate in as many intramural sports as I can. However, seeing as dodgeball was canceled and me not being much of a soccer player, I was left playing just wiffleball and men’s basketball.  I watched some of the co-ed basketball games and I feel like I may try to find a team for that league next year, as it looked really fun.

The wiffleball league was a new addition under the recent intramural management change, and I think it was an awesome sport to add.  We played in upstairs Merner Fieldhouse, in Nichols gym, which is the wrestling room. The mats are down so we didn’t wear shoes.  It isn’t a very big room so often times the ball would go off the wall.  This made the game exciting and somewhat unpredictable.

Our team, “The Frosty Mug Sensation,” had a great regular season record of 5 wins and 1 loss, and received the second seed in the playoffs, which were held last week.  We made it to the championship, where we were squared off against the only team that defeated us in the regular season.  This time, however, fate was on our side, and we wouldn’t be denied our coveted shirts.  This term they are black shirts with “North Central College – Intramural Champion” on the front, and “All I do is Win” on the back. This is the 8th shirt that I have received for an intramural championship here at North Central and spring term I’m looking for more.

Spring term brings back badminton from fall term as well as a few other sports.  Softball is the big draw this term, and the Frosty Mugs are looking strong after they return most of the runner-up team from last year.  We also have a few new additions that we feel will be able to help us bring home a shirt.  Our Frisbee team is getting revamped after getting slaughtered in the championship last year, and feels very confident about this upcoming term. Finally, I somehow got roped on to an outdoor soccer team that is supposed to be pretty good. I don’t know why they would want me on their team, but I’m looking forward to it regardless. Overall, spring term is looking very promising to continue my ever-growing collection of championship shirts.

No comments:

Post a Comment